by Robin Snyder of Tumalo Garden Market
19879 8th St., Bend • 541-728-0088 • www.TumaloGardenMarket.com
1 unbaked pie shell
or gluten free shell
1 3⁄4 cups drained peach slices in juice, reserve juice for sauce or fresh peaches
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring) or all-purpose GF flour
2 tablespoons sifted
all-purpose flour or GF flour
(sift before measuring)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1⁄4 cup butter,
1⁄3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg ( use egg replacer 1 tbsp flax seeds, 3 tbsp water)
2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1⁄4 cup butter
1⁄4 cup reserved peach juice
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1. Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Cook for 1 minute.
3. Set aside and cool to lukewarm.
4. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
5. Add butter, milk, and vanilla.
6. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer.
7. Add egg and beat 1 minute longer.
8. Fold in peaches, reserving 8 slices for topping later.
9. Pour batter into unbaked pie shell.
10. Spoon cooled caramel sauce over top of batter.
11. Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set.
12. 10 minutes before the pie is done, quickly arrange reserved peach slices over the top and finish baking.
Time: 1hr 5mins • Yields: 8