by Ally Galloway, ACSM cPT, NASM FNS
of BodyRock Training and Fitness
2330 NE Division St., Ste. 1, Bend • 541-390-9648
2 bags of cranberries (bag are usually 12 ounces so roughly 24 ounces)
3/4 cup pineapple or orange juice (I highly recommend pineapple!)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup water
Juice and zest from an orange
3-4 tablespoons of honey, add to taste (I recommend Kimaro Farms honey sourced locally in SE Bend)
- Put the cranberries, pineapple or orange juice, applesauce and water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Keep on medium heat, stir constantly until the cranberries start to pop; usually 10-15 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer and add juice and zest of orange to the cranberry mixture.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Allow cranberry sauce to cool completely and then store in fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Sweeten with honey to taste once sauce is cooled.
- Serve and enjoy!