Cookies = Dessert.
Bacon = Breakfast!!
by the MoeGang Household
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp maple extract
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
6 thick slices bacon, cooked (see note below)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup pecan pieces
The kids and grandma like butterscotch chips the best.
The mom and I like them with pecans.
Maybe a mix of both next time I make this recipe… next week!!
NOTE: You need to cook the bacon with enough time to let it cool and cut it into bite sized pieces. I suggest keeping it just on the pliable side. Burnt or powdered bacon in cookies is no bueno.
1. Mix butter and brown sugar. Add salt, eggs and maple extract.
2. While continuing to mix, slowly add in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
3. Fold in bacon and chips or nuts.
4. Scoop by large tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet.
5. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
approximately 3 dozen cookies