by Rockin’ Dave of Rockin’ Dave’s Bistro & Backstage Lounge
661 NE Greenwood Ave. in Bend • 541-318-8177
1 Pie Crust (prebaked)
1/3 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp Ginger
¼ tsp Cloves
¼ tsp Nutmeg
2 Eggs + 1 Egg Yolk
2 cups Unsweetened Pumpkin Puree
2/3 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 cup Cream
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
¼ cup Powdered Sugar
Candied Bacon Recipe:
12 Strips Thick Cut Bacon
3 Tbsp Bourbon
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 cup Sugar
½ cup Corn Syrup
½ cup Water
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Bourbon
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ cup Chopped Pecans
Salt for Sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Whisk Sugar, Cinnamon, Salt, Ginger, Cloves and Nutmeg in a large bowl until no clumps remain.
- Add Eggs, Pumpkin, Condensed Milk, Cream, Syrup and Vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake until edges are soft and slightly puffed but center is still wobbly like gelatin. (approx. 60-70 min)
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Top with a spoonful of Whipped Cream and a sliver of Brittle.
Bacon Bourbon Brittle
Candied Bacon Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Lay Bacon on foil-lined sheet tray.
- Brush with Bourbon and sprinkle with Brown Sugar on both sides.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until caramelized and crispy.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Line ½ sheet tray with non stick baking pad.
- In medium saucepan combine Sugar, Corn Syrup, and Water over medium heat. Stir constantly until it starts to boil.
- Increase heat to high and cook without stirring until it reaches 290° (golden amber color)
- Immediately remove from heat and stir in Butter, Bourbon, Vanilla, Baking Soda, Candied Bacon and Pecans.
- Pour mixture into prepared sheet tray and spread as thin as possible using a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle with Salt and cool for 20 minutes.
- Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.